Welcome

My pack of 5 keep me grounded, remind me that life was meant to be simple and that indeed love is truely unconditional. Permit me to share some of that with you....

Well, it's April 8th, 2008 and I finally have the bones of my doggy blog set up!! Pun intended. I'm so proud! Blogger.com is great! I'll be blogging about my pack of five shepherd mixes, animal stories and sharing some of my travels. If you would like to learn more about the pack check out my website http://devettos.googlepages.com/home.


The Rainforest Site

Monday, July 21, 2008

Unexpected house guest

This weekend we had the pleasure of the company of a small house guest called Noah. His owners are friends of ours and asked us at short notice if we could keep him for a few hours. Naturally I said yes! This would be my first pet sitting stint. Noah was a dream to keep. Unlike our pack he is friendly with strangers and, well, small ...... but his love of attention far exceeds his size. At nine months and still a puppy he is soooooo sweet!

Noah arrived with his bag all packed with favorite toys, treats, water bowl and left over breakfast, which actually came in handy later when he got a little peckish. He took a little while to settle down in the new surroundings. We kept him safe and sound on the upstairs balcony, away form our big shepherds. I stayed with him for a while after his owners left, to get him acclimatised and acquainted. When I moved to leave he'd start to cry. After a few episodes of this, I finally left him, shut the door and stayed a while at the window so he'd think I wasn't far away. Then I snuck quietly downstairs and listened. Silence ...... he was finally OK.

Our guest for the day was no problem at all. He stayed quietly most of the time by himself while I got on with things I had to do. I had to keep him on a long extended leash because as soon as I opened the door, he would dart inside, as if looking for his masters. Throughout the day I'd check on him occasionally to see if he was alright. A few times I opened the door and was greeted with such enthusiasm you'd think he hadn't seen anyone for weeks! I'd give him a good showing of affection and then reluctantly get back to my activities, but always with a short protest form Noah.
Later on in the evening when he really felt like playing and we got into a long and serious tug of war game with one of his favorite new toys. We played fetch with his chew bone too, after which he spent a good while chewing and eating it with great enthusiasm. That seemed to open up his appetite and he subsequently finished the rest of his breakfast. When our Rebel and Queenie started their routine evening romp, Noah peeped out and quietly observed the dog-on-dog rough play and barking that they usually enjoy. "Hmmmmm ...that looks like fun" , he seemed to be thinking.

Eventually when his owners arrived, he greeted them heartily. He was in his glee! He had a good day it seems but was glad to go home. In departing he was sure to leave his mark all over the yard. His final parting gesture when I sadly waved "bye Noah", was to lift his hind leg and fertilise the gate column.

Hmmm....what gratitude.......no reshpect Noah, no reshpect !!

4 comments:

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

ooohh, he's so cute. my 7-year-old son is asking for a dog. we'll see if he's already grown up to take care of one.

Anonymous said...

Today news of Israel :


[url=http://samsonblinded.org/blog/?p=642]charities for jewish children[/url]

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

cheap amoxil ketek amoxil allergy
[url=http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_buyamoxil]buy amoxil [/url] symptoms of reaction to amoxil 875
http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_buyamoxil amoxil no prior prescription

The Animal Rescue Site