Welcome

My pack of 5 keep me grounded, remind me that life was meant to be simple and that indeed love is truely unconditional. Permit me to share some of that with you....

Well, it's April 8th, 2008 and I finally have the bones of my doggy blog set up!! Pun intended. I'm so proud! Blogger.com is great! I'll be blogging about my pack of five shepherd mixes, animal stories and sharing some of my travels. If you would like to learn more about the pack check out my website http://devettos.googlepages.com/home.


The Rainforest Site

Monday, May 19, 2008

Newly acquired pass time and taste

Hello and welcome back!

Guess what's new. You can now subscribe to get updates of my blog delivered right to your inbox via email ! Just fill in your email address and click subscribe in the window provided. Happy reading!

Guess what's also new. The pack has developed a new hobby and taste. Yup! They have acquired a taste for tropical plums! They usually eat mangoes but never before plums. It is plum season here and our tree is laden with the fragrant purple plums that are both sweet and slightly tangy. It is the first mass bearing for the tree.

I love these plums and noticed the dogs enjoyed joining my harvest and would pluck the green ones off the low hanging branches and toss them aside. Idleness! This pass time was of course invented by Zeeks who is always looking for something to stimulate his intelligence. One day I decided to challenge him to catch the marble sized plums. So I threw one to him. He responded with precision and then spat it out. I threw another and again an excellent catch.

Then I squeezed one so he could taste the juice and again....excellent catch but this time he kept it in his mouth a while, bit down on it releasing more juice and seemed to like it. So he sucked on it, chewed the seed some more and to my surprise, peeled the skin and pulp off and spat out the seed. Spit it out! Good boy!

Queenie quickly picked up the rake and joined in the game and the feast. Tunda also joined in. They even started searching themselves for the fallen fruit. But alas, Tunda chewed on the plum for a while, turning it and sucking the juice. Then the chewing stopped ....and....Oh no! He swallowed the seed! He ate up to six plums, seed and all, despite my attempts to stop him. Right now I am a bit concerned that it may trouble his bowels and will have to become a stool inspector over the next few days. I hope he doesn't eat too much tonight!

Well that's all for now. Thanks for visiting and God bless........

No comments:

The Animal Rescue Site