Welcome

My pack of 5 keep me grounded, remind me that life was meant to be simple and that indeed love is truely unconditional. Permit me to share some of that with you....

Well, it's April 8th, 2008 and I finally have the bones of my doggy blog set up!! Pun intended. I'm so proud! Blogger.com is great! I'll be blogging about my pack of five shepherd mixes, animal stories and sharing some of my travels. If you would like to learn more about the pack check out my website http://devettos.googlepages.com/home.


The Rainforest Site

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh! the beautiful Poui tree!

“Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky...” - Kahlil Gibran


Our yellow poui tree has given us a real treat this April..........

Shedding her leaves, she burst forth full
with fine, feathery, yellow flowers.
Branches extended to the sky
as if in praise to the one on high.
Are they praising Easter, praising spring,
Praising the sunshine after the rain,
or April showers to come again?
Once a year she flowers,
sometimes not all at once.
Her green turns to yellow,
bringing a smile
to the faces of friends and passers-by
who stop a while to ponder
her glory and her wonder.
Bees, wasps, butterflies,
all are in their glee.
We haven't seen you for a while
Mr. humble bumble bee.
Birds and lizards prancing
glad for her display.
They listen to the buzzing
as they anticipate their prey.
After three days of show,
flowers fall without a sound.
Gentle breezes help to lay
a yellow carpet down.
So pretty in their fallen state,
soon turn to mulchy brown,
then mowed and raked they meet their fate
of nurturing the ground.
And when another year is passed
she puts on new, green growth
to be shed again for yellow
in the cycle of rebirth.

No comments:

The Animal Rescue Site